How to Stop Snoring Naturally in a Quick and Easy Way
Snoring is often considered funny, but all those who suffer from this condition may experience chocking spells, abnormal body spells, and sleepless nights. It can be quite disturbing for sleeping partners of snorers, and in extreme cases even sharing a room becomes a big problem. All those who snore spend lot of time searching for effective snoring cures. Sometimes people resort to pills or medicines to stop their snoring. However, in most of the cases these snoring cures do not work. If you are troubled by your snoring problem and searching for ways to stop snoring naturally, we are providing few tips that will be very helpful to you.
* You should avoid sleeping on your back because in this position your tongue falls backwards and limits your airway which leads to snoring. Also avoid using pillows that are too soft as they relax your throat muscles and narrow your air passage.
* Reduce intake of various dairy products, such as cheese, yogurt, butter before going to bed. Consuming these products increases mucus production which may precipitate snoring. Also cut on the intake of rich foods such as cookies, chocolates, cakes, and pizzas.
* You should sleep only on a firm mattress. A flat and firm mattress helps by supporting your neck and prevents obstructions in your airway. You can also raise the front of your bed using few bricks. This will keep your head elevate, which will help in easy breathing.
* This is one of the best snorting cures. If you have a habit to breathe through mouth, you should develop a habit of breathing through your nose. This will help in eliminating snoring problem to a great extent. There are chin straps and mouth sealants available that can help in gently closing your mouth during sleep and will encourage breathing through nose.
* Reduce your intake of caffeine, alcohol, and also reduce smoking as this will help in reducing snoring. Also avoid overeating before bedtime.
* Follow regular sleep routine, and take a warm bath before going to bed. It’s helpful if you use air filter in your bedroom, as it promotes sound sleep. One of the best and highly effective snoring cures is to inhale steam before sleeping as it eliminates dryness of your nasal passages and also moisturizes nasal passage and throat.
* You can also take a tablespoon of organic unpasturized honey as it helps in lubricating and moisturizing your nasal passage.
* You can also use nasal strips available over-the-counter from your nearest pharmacy. They can help widen your nasal airway and can open up nostrils to increase airflow.
* Talking and singing before sleeping can also reduce snoring. They are highly effective snoring cures that show quick results. When you are sleeping, your tongue will either block or help the airflow through your throat. These simple exercises will strengthen your tongue muscles and it will remain in proper position.
Aside from above, you should avoid taking any sleeping pills, sedatives, tranquilizers, and antihistamines before going to bed. All these products relax throat muscles and may block air passage. You can sew a tennis ball on the back of shirt that you wear while sleeping. You can also buy such shirts with pockets on the back, and try tennis ball method. Trying these snoring cures will greatly help you in reducing your snoring problem and you can have a restful sleep at night.